SS. Peter and Paul (Westside) Parish in Detroit celebrates 100 years (PHOTOS)

Fr. Jerry Pilus, pastor of SS. Peter and Paul, celebrated a Traditional Latin Mass, with Detroit Auxiliary Bishop Robert Fischer in attendance, on the external feast of SS. Peter and Paul on June 25. The celebration was in commemoration of the parish's 100th anniversary (Photo by Julie Parthum | Special to Detroit Catholic)

DETROIT — SS. Peter and Paul (Westside) Parish in Detroit celebrated its 100th anniversary on June 25, the external feast of SS. Peter and Paul.

Fr. Jerry Pilus, who serves SS. Peter and Paul, celebrated a Traditional Latin Mass with Detroit Auxiliary Bishop Robert J. Fisher in attendance. Mass was followed by a Polish dinner in the parish hall.

SS. Peter and Paul (Westside) Parish is located at 7685 Grandville Ave., in Detroit’s Warrendale neighborhood, serving a primarily Polish congregation. The parish was established in 1923 to serve immigrants, many of whom came to Detroit to work in the burgeoning automotive industry.

(Photos by Julie Parthum | Special to Detroit Catholic)



Share:
Print


Parish life galleries AOD Massfinder-Article Bottom
Menu
Home
Subscribe
Search